1. A common idiom that refers to a routine day.
2. Often used during informal conversation to imply that nothing is new and things are they same as always.
3. Sometimes used to show frustration at something bad happening or a series of bad things happening.
1. I always drive pass the security guard to our building on the way to work and each time I ask him how he is doing without fail he replies, "same shit, different day."
2. I left my car parked for 5 minutes at the expired meter and came back to a ticket, same shit different day.